Hospital Diaries

 Hospital!


A place I wish no one ever has to visit. Nor a as patient neither as a patients family.

It was a happy October month and everyone was eager to welcome the festival days, we all family members got ill for viral fever, we were healing but my father got infected by dengue and his platelets went below a critical level and he had to get admitted to Hospital. 

We got admitted to hospital and the treatment began. As Baba had his office medical insurance we didn't had to pay any admission cost but soon they started giving a big list of medicines to buy. I was there so was buying all the stuff. And whoop it was never below 5k I had some amount in my account so it was a savior But whenever  I would pay the amount the first thing that would come to mind was How my father managed during some earlier days when he was admitted and how my mother stayed strong with him. That was the time when we didn't even had few thousands in spare. 

   Being in hospital is something which teaches you the importance of your health, How you should not neglect some basic things(symptoms) and how by avoiding few unhealthy habits you can have a better life. I was small back then and Aai Baba never bought us to hospital so I never knew the process the way things go and how we have to manage all the complexities coming. But now when in these 4 days I was there with Baba for the whole day I observed all the process was there with Baba to give him food water. I felt bad about the ones who were alone dealing all the stuff alone. Some grandparents coming alone holding each others hand, I used to feel do they have a child and if they have why arrent he/she being there with them. Once parents cross a certain age parent require that support, they would never say it and tell us but deep down they will surely feel about it and its our duty to be there with them no matter how small thing it is.

Hospital is yet another business where people are there to earn money, there are very few people who do it as their passion to save humans. Others are just doing their job. In this era if you want to get well soon you need to get admitted to the best hospital out there with good doctors and good facilities and this all comes with a huge amount .In these hospitals you will get everything if you have enough money but you will get no attention if you are not having enough. So getting a good health insurance is one thing everyone should do to get a hassle free treatment during emergencies. At that time Baba had his office insurance so we were relaxed but still we had to pay the medicine cost directly. So we also decided we will soon get one . The Irony was we get so many other  things costing more than the Annual claim of the medical insurance but we don't consider getting one important. 

 Being in a private hospital we don't even know the side of the government ones. But I have visited the government hospitals and I have seen how people there are living. You'll see patients sitting on the floor to get admitted , patients family sleeping on floor during night to stay with the patient. I wont say you don't get treated well, there are many good doctors there and they really treat the patients well but the count of the patients there is so high that you may get neglected and your health can worsen. So if you are able to get into good hospital be grateful for that. 

Be Grateful if you are getting treated well by good doctors , in a good hospital under special observance. Be Grateful if you get discharged by getting healed, and make a promise to yourself that health will always be a priority before any materialistic need. Today my Baba is getting discharged and he is in a good health now. I am grateful for this!

Comments